DIStickers.com Ticker

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Broken Arm

First off, I know I am a really poor blogger! I love the idea of it, but I just can't seem to get it done. I am going to try again. I am not going to back track and try to catch up other than a few things that happened over the summer. To start with, we headed out on vacation in July. Maile, Nadia, Audi, (A girl in our ward that is Maile's respit care provider-her brother was in Provo, so what the heck she may as well come along for the ride!) and I drove to Utah. That was two 10 hour days in the car with a stop to sleep in New Mexico. Maile didn't do much sleeping! Thank goodness Audi was there to help drive! We arrived at my sisters house late at night and Maile was a little upset to say the least. We went in and got her all calmed down. Somewhere around midnight we headed out to get our stuff out of the car. Nadia and Corbin were running behind me and I hear a crash, silence, and a scream. I thought Nadia conked her head, but quickly realized her arm wasn't looking right. It appeared to just be hanging down from just above her wrist. (Remember it is dark out) I sat down on the curb and picked her up, at that point she moved her hand so I realized it was not broken the way I thought it was. Long story short, took her inside, got her and ice pack, finished unloading the car and went to bed. Went back and forth for two days about taking her to the Dr. Then I decided to wait until we went to Maggie's house. She is a PA and she could probably give me a good assessment. Should have just taken her to quick care in American Fork! Maggie took one look at her and said to take her in. So after some more playing and dinner, Miranda (Nadia's cousin) and I took her in.

Getting an x-ray.
The x-ray. I can't see the break in this because it is a picture of the x-ray.


I think she felt better as soon as the cast was on. After running around, sliding down stairs on a boogie board, sliding on a slide with a water hose, and just all the play in general, for two days with a broken arm, a little protection for it was nice. This was the first broken bone for us. We have been though much worse, that is for sure! This was the first Brown family broken bone of the summer. 3 days later a cousin would break her arm in the same place, about a month later another cousin broke his leg, and a few weeks after that another cousin broke his arm (for the 4th time!).

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Dialing CPS........;)