Yippee!
Six weeks and it is finally time to get Nadia's cast off. She was really getting tired of it. It was starting to itch. It stunk too! I got an early morning appointment so we dropped Maile off at school and went straight to the Dr. The day before Nadia and I went to Wal-Mart and picked out some bubble bath and bath fizz beads that change the color of the water. I am tell you, this getting a cast off thing deserves a celebration!
In front of the Dr's office.
Nadia was a bit worried about them cutting her arm off so the nurse showed her that the "saw" would not cut her skin. She also let Nadia hear it. That was wise as Nadia does not like loud noise, unless she is making it.
Nadia did a good job letting them cut it off. She was very interested in the whole process. After they took it off, they took another set of x-rays and we went back to the room and waited.
Nadia kept asking if she could keep the cast. Of course we did and now it decorates her room. When we were done, we went home to eat breakfast and take the long awaited bubble bath. Once we got home, I realized we were missing a shoe. Of course it was her brand new school shoes that she had picked out. UGH! We piled in the car and drove the ten miles back to get the shoe. We found the shoe or I might have been. I debated not driving back, but once it was found it was well worth it. I have often wondered why there are random shoes along the road ways. Now I know! I did not take any after pictures after the bath, but lets just say she was super happy to have the cast off. Her arm looked pretty good once she got the smell off of it. We also went swimming later that day and that helped get all of the dead skin off it. She was sooo happy to go swimming. She had new goggles and was very excited to go under water and start using them!







No comments:
Post a Comment