DIStickers.com Ticker

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Vacation!

Day 1:
Since Keith is taking the bar this summer it was decided that the Houston Girls would leave him in peace so that he would have a reasonable chance at passing this huge test. On July 8th The Girl's all junmped in a plane and headed to the much cooler state of Utah. I was very stressed about the plane ride, with two girls, a wheel chair, 3 back packs, 1 suit case, a layover, and only me to get everything from point A to point B. For the most part, the plane ride was uneventful. Now, the landings were another story. Both landings were pretty smooth. When we started dropping altitude in Arizona, there were a few small bumps. I thought Nadia was scared so I kept telling her things like "There are bumps in the sky just like on the road." Much to my amazement, all of a sudden Nadia let loose of everything she had eaten in the last 5 or 6 hours all over herself and sadly all over her hippo too. Thank goodness I had extra clothes in one of the many back packs I had with me. I got her wiped down with baby wipes and into clean clothes before we got off the plane. I quickly found a restroom, washed everyones hands, changed Maile, and ran to get on the next flight. Thankfully the second flight was half empty, we got a bulk head seat, and waited until last to load the plane. I also made sure that I had several of those little white bags handy. Sure enough as we were landing in SLC Nadia had the same look come across her face. This time I held the bag! When the deed was done the flight attendant expressed her amazement that she hit the bag. She said most three year olds can't do that. I guess Nadia is just talented. Maile, well she started her flying career at such a young age (only 5 days old for her first trip) that she just sat back and enjoyed the flights. She did keep trying to get me to let her out of her seat to roam around.

Alice picked us up at the airport. We headed right to Emily's house to get settled in. Later in the evening my mom showed up with lots of fresh fruit and some mexican food. I guess she knew that Emily was trying to clean out her fridge or something and there was NO food to be had in her house. (don't worry we went shopping and solved that problem!) To start the tradition of our vacation we stayed up very late. As I said it was tradition. I don't think we got to bed before mid-night one time while on vacation.Day 2:
On day two we headed to a spray park. I know someone took pictures but I have yet to collect them. The kids loved it. The weather was perfect, we had lots of sunscrean and snacks. Maile kept trying to wonder off but we never did lose her, thank goodness. At one point a shade tree opened up and we moved our stuff. Nadia did not see us move. I was watching her from a ways off and saw that she was looking for us. I could see her start to panic. I sent my mom after. When she saw grandma her little shoulders slumped in sheer relief. Poor baby thought we had left her! After the water park we went to Em's for otter pops. That is a staple at Em's house. I think there were a few days that all Nadia ate was otter pops!

Day 3
Keith arrived at one in the morning with my car. What a guy. We all fly up, he drives my car fro 20 hours. Sleeps for a few hours and then we take him to the airport to fly home and start studying. I swore I was going to get the kids to bed early and then my cousin Rob called and said he was cooking dinner for everyone. So off we went. That was another tradition, saying I would get the kids to bed early. It NEVER happened.

Day 4
Went and got pedicures with two of my sisters. Also went to a consignment shop and got the best deals! 1 pair of capri's.2 pairs of jeans, and a hoodie for only $36. Next we headed to Gardner's Village and then back to Emily's house for another all-nighter.

Day 5
Sunday and off to Church Nadia and I went. First of all Papa and Grandma Michele (Keith's dad and step-mom) dropped Brielle off at Em's house. She was going to spend the night with us and then ride with me as far as Cedar City. She agreed to watch Maile while Nadia and I went to church with Tracy. Tracy is the Sunbeam teacher so Nadia got to go to correct primary class and have Aunt Tracy as a teacher. Can I just tell you that her ward has three sunbeam classes. It is a crazy number of three year olds! On our way to church my cell phone rings and it is cousin Jaci and in her sweetest little voice (mind you she is 17) she says "Megan, can you come to Richfield today?" Now what on earth would I want to do that for. I will be there next week and in the morning I am heading to Bunkerville. Jaci proceeded to explain that she is going to EFY and won't get to see me and she is at Maggie's house for the night and wants us to come there. Since I can't resist Jaci's charm I agree to the adventure. After church I run back to Emily's house. Throw all my stuff in several suitcases in no particular order. Throw the two girls and Brielle in the car and off we go. Oops! I don't know how to get there. Call Keith and thankfully he guides us all the way there.On the way to Richfield Nadia feasted on cherries. Aunt Julie, Jaci, and Maggie (Oh and Jaci's friend that was going to EFY with her.) were all waiting for us and greeted us with lots of pictures. (thanks Julie for sharing with me!)We had a fun long night!Got up in the morning to Maggie's cooking, took a million more pictures and headed down the road again. We dropped Brielle off In Cedar in time for her to get to work and headed south. Thanks Brielle for riding with us. You were great company to help me keep my tired eyes open!

1 comment:

M2 (Melissa) said...

Oh my goodness what a vacation!! I bet it was nice to see all the family but nice to be home! I know it is always that way for us. Are you guys staying in Texas or moving? Any job prospects for Keith? Glad you survived and had a great time!