
We landed in Bunkerville safe and sound. On the way through the gorge just south of St. George Nadia pipes up and says "These mountains need a drink!" Good eye girl! So funny how the mind of a three year old works. Where we live we get lots of rain so Nadia does not remember ever being in the desert before this trip.We got to Papa's and Grandma Michele's house. Always good to be there. Michele is a great cook and fed us lots of yummie food. Plus she loves all her grandkids so much and does such fun things with them! One day, she made popsicles with Nadia. They were very sour and very yummee!
I also badgered Kenzi into playing the piano for us (It really didn't take much to get her going.) Nadia decided to play with her. Nadia's talents are not nearly as developed as Kenzi's but it was cute to see them play their first duet together. Grandma Michele also made rolls one day and let Nadia roll them up. It was so cute to see Nadia concentrate so hard and see how proud she was of her rolls!
Well at Papa's house Nadia found a new boyfriend. She fell in love with cousin Ty! Who can blame her, isn't he the cutest! (Watch out girls! He is still single 5'9" and only 12.)We left Bunkerville on Friday and headed north again. The girls rode with Papa and Grandma Michele. We met Julie and Brielle at Brielle's house. Papa and Grandma babysat while Julie, Brielle, and I went to see Comedy of Errors at the Shakespeare festival. It was my first live Shakespeare and who knows where my camera was!
After the play, Papa and I moved car seats around and the we headed North again!.When we arrived back at Emily's house, some of the Alaska cousins had arrived. It was fun to see them. The brought king crab legs and fresh salmon. We had a few more days of late nights and lots of fun. On Sunday I turned even older and had a birthday dinner at my mom's house. I can't remember the last time I celebrated my birthday with my family. Tracy and I made enough pasta to feed a cross country team and Chris made the best bread sticks. YUM!







No comments:
Post a Comment