Next we headed back to Maggie's house. Maggie the brave grandma has cousin capers every year. She hosts as many cousins are willing and/or able to come to her house for a week or any part of the week. Every day there is an activity and a craft. They aslo have movie/rest time and lots of time to roam and play on their fish farm. It was so much fun for the girls to play with their cousins. The younger cousins don't really remember Maile and Nadia so that a chance to get to know them all over again. The were all very interested in Maile's g-tube and all of her scars. One of the kids asked me if God made her "that way". I told him indeed He did. For some reason God knew that our WHOLE family would love her and take care of her even if she wasn't like everyone else. It was a fun and exhausting three days. I don't know how Maggie does it! 
Headed North again. At some point in all of this running, I moved over to Aunt Tracy's house. More Alaska cousins were coming to Emily's house so I moved out to make room, plus I wanted my kids to get a chance to be at the other end of the valley as well. The day after we got to Tracy's we went up to Morgan to visit my friend Julie and her girls. It was a very peaceful day for us. We probably wore Julie out! We went to the park for awhile.
Maile doesn't always do things the conventional way! (really what kid does?) I guess she wanted to go to the water park and not the regular park. She climbed up on the drinking fountain and had a grand ol time playing in the water while the other girls enjoyed the swings and slides. Julie baked my favorite cookies for and whipped out a yummeee dinner. She makes it all look so easy. Some day I am going to take lessons from her! (BTW Julie, I want the recipe for the enchilada's you made while we were there!)
Saturday my girls and I were exhausted so we checked out for awhile and went to temple square. Nadia was excited to see the temple. We didn't stay long. Just walked around and took a few pictures. I talked with some sister missionaries that were students at BYU-Hawaii and that was fun! I had Nadia pick out a picture of the temple to hang in her room. When we were done we ran back to Tracy's house for another crazy and wild night with everyone. I left the girls to enjoy the party and went and saw a movie in peace and quiet with Roger's girlfriend. The next night we had dinner at Alice's house. Family just kept showing up! There was extended family I haven't seen in 10 year there. There was ice cream too.
I took the girls to Cafe Rio and then to The Barn at Thanksgiving Point with Amy and her son and neice. Amy and I were roommates at BYU-Hawaii and now she is in Tracy's ward. What a small world. Nadia loved the pony rides and feeding all of the animals. Maile just liked being outside!







1 comment:
My grandkids were in Provo with us last week. I was going to take them to Thanksgiving Point but we just ran out of time. Is the barn at Thanksgiving Point. Let me know a little about what you do there. I've never been before.
Post a Comment