DIStickers.com Ticker

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Alternative Medicine



So, I have had a lot of neck pain and headaches over the years due to a couple of car wrecks and an accident at the lake. A friend of mine keeps telling me to go get some acupuncture done. I decided what the heck. It can't be any worse than what I am feeling now. So I go to this very nice young Chinese lady, tell her my issues, and she gets to work. She said she was going to do some deep tissue brushing first and it would bring out the inflammation from my muscles and might leave some light bruising where the worst of the inflammation is. So she starts brushing away. OUCH! After about five minutes she tells me that I am in a lot more pain than I let on about being in and in her five years of practice this is the worst she has ever seen. The she tells me the darker the marks the more inflammation and pain I am in. So after she tortures me for awhile she pokes me full of needles, beats on me with a hammer for a good thirty minutes, pulls the needles out and then gives me a regular old deep tissue massage for another 15 minutes. Ahhh!! I feel so much better. My head feels like someone has pulled most of the cotton out of it. And guess what! I am going back on Tuesday and I can't wait. Honestly, it all feels a lot better, and I am sure it is better for me than all of the aspirin I have been taking!

11 comments:

The Logue Family said...

DANG - that looks painful...and to have a body like that - hello - I look at something to eat and gain 5 pounds...

Jaci said...

Megan...that looks very painful...OUCH!! - hope i get to see you soon.
Lots of <3,
Jaci Kaye

mykinda said...

Yowza... and your are going back? You look like you are in terrible pain. Hope it worlks for you.
--Shirley

Rachel said...

THat's so you Megan. My fond memories of you are baby-sitting at your house with nothing but rice milk in the fridge and wheat thins in the pantry.

Bsblgrl said...

i can think of another solution...no wait, you already got that, so i guess this will have to work.

Unknown said...

you are nuts. I think they call that masochism. No way you felt better after that. You freak. I had a massage that really hurt (once) and she kept saying to me "I'm not hurting you, I"m just releasing the pain inside you" Hmmm, sound familiar?

M2 (Melissa) said...

Ouch! Megs - that looks bad - my first thought was that you fell down the stairs and then I read that you did that on purpose! I hope it helps for sure!

Aimee said...

Megan,
It's Aimee Wright, Keith's cousin Jake's wife. Hope you don't mind, but I stopped by your blog via Julie's.
Way to be brave and try something differnt! I may just have to follow in your footsteps, my neck has never felt right since getting whiplash a couple of years ago.

You may want to be sure not to go swimming in a bathing suit for a couple of weeks! ;)

You're welcome to check out our blog anytime
www.hopgrasser.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ouch! I hope it continues to work and that next weeks picture doesn't look so painful. You are brave to be heading back already. Good luck.

Grandma said...

Oh, my gosh Meg. I really does look like someone took a beating to you. You poor thing. How are you feeling now? I didn't even know you were having pain. Thanks for sharing your blog. It's fun to keep up with your family news. I started a blog and my daughter in law helped me but now she's gone I can't remember how to get the pictures on so I'm at a stand still for now. They're coming after Christmas so maybe I'll get going again then.
Becky Bartle alias dubey(short for Duane and becky

RuddellDC said...

That is called Gua Sha. I do it in my office with acupuncture! I hope you are feeling better! - Ty