In the move we lost the cord to the camera. UGH! We finally found it and I put all of the pictures on the computer, deleted 90% of the ones Nadia took, and realized I have not taken enough pictures this year! I need/want a new camera. I think mine is on its last leg. It is starting to take lots of fuzzy pictures. Oh well so here are a few pictures.
Maile turned 9 in February. It is hard to believe she is already 9!
Nadia's last day of preschool, before we moved happened to fall on their Easter party. It was a good day and I went for the party and all the fun. I wanted to cry. Nadia attended the preschool for three years and had we not moved she would have gone to kindergarten there as well. We loved it! The staff was wonderful, the kids were nice. Nadia loved being there. It was so sad to leave!
In June Nadia and I flew to Utah to hang with the fam. Three of my cousins were done from Alaska. My brother's baby was born a couple of days before we got there and their baby shower was while we were there. It was a fun trip. Nadia and Jossie got to play the piano together. So cute.
I wish I had taken more pool pictures this summer. We lived at the pool! This is Nadia jumping off the diving board doing the "beater kick" long before she hits the water.
Nadia on the first day of school. She was excited to go and a little nervous. I think I had the jitters worse than her. One side of me was so ready to send her out the door. She had a hard time adjusting to the move, missed her school friend, and was so ready to start school, but on the other side I know very little about the schools here. I have a lot of issues with what is going on in many public schools and I had no idea what she was getting in to. Everyone told me her school was good but I still worried. (BTW it is pretty good. In an ideal world I would have her in a school with a classical education but there are none to be had here.)
This is us driving to school. I could not get a single decent picture of Maile. It is really hard to get good pictures of her. She could care less about pictures! But, here she is on her way. All tan and ready to go.
Cora got married. We drove to SLC to attend the wedding. My mom and sister were going to watch the girls for us. Nadia got sick on the way up. At first we thought it was the usual car sickness that she gets. I will spare you the details, but to say the least, she had a tummy bug. I ended up missing the wedding to stay with the girls. By that evening she was feeling better but still tired. We had her birthday party anyway (next post) and she survived it. I was so sad that I missed the wedding. At least we were all able to go to the reception the next day.







3 comments:
YEAH - glad to see you are posting again - love it! (not that I have room to talk...but I have been posting more than you ha-ha)
It was so good to see you! I guess we are going to have to make a trip to Texas......♥♥♥♥
It was so good to see you! I guess we are going to have to make a trip to Texas......♥♥♥♥
Post a Comment