DIStickers.com Ticker

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Last Three Months!

Where have the last three months gone?  Not really sure but a short recap is due.  The holidays were nice.  Keith was able to take almost two weeks off and that was super nice to have him home.  January was uneventful-thank goodness.  February brought the coldest weather we have had since we moved to Texas.  I have turned into a baby!  It was horrible! Schools were closed for a total of 5 days, it was freezing, a little bit of snow, and then everyone got sick.  Well really Maile got sick before it cold, she had an ear infection, next Nadia got the flu.  It was the sickest she has ever been.  On day five of fevers she started complaining of hurting arms and legs.  At that point I took her to the Dr.  I have spent way too much time at therapy with Maile and sitting in hopitals so you can imagine where my mind went.  Sure enough she had the flu.  By the end of day five she was running around at about 85%. It took her several more days to get back to "normal".  I had a cold somewhere in there. After that Maile got strep-so fun to get a sample from the back of her throat.  It took three of us with Nadia watching (Nadia was a little irritated that we were bugging Maile).  This past week Nadia started coughing and in light of Maile having strep I took her in.  No strep for her, just a hack!  In the middle of all of that Maile also had a dentist appointment, and an orthopedist appointment, oh ya and an ENT appointment and hearing tests.  Nadia has a well check this week and I hope we will be done with Dr visits for awhile.  So to say the least it have been a crazy month!  We also got Maile's new bed. She really does like her bed and it is super nice to know that she won't be climbing out and getting hurt in the middle of the night! I really should take some pictures of it, but alas the only person who has taken pictures since Christmas is Nadia-most of those are of her toys or her tonsils. So we are alive and kicking.  The house is back on the market and we are trying to get it sold so we can all live under one roof again.  So please send up your prayers, good thought, rub your Buddha belly, burn a candle, or whatever else it is you do.  We are tired of living in two locations! So that is the very short version of the last three months.  This week is spring break so maybe we will do something fun and take some pictures. 

1 comment:

M2 (Melissa) said...

You have had a rough month - I hope it gets better and better! Sending some prayers your way. Thinking of you - I can't wait for the warmth to come!