Here are some random pictures of our life these days. Here are pictures of the pedicure. I know that is not really something to celebrate and document to most people. But this pedicure feels like it. My feet have been hiding all winter and it is finally warm enough to bring them out of the darkness. I love to go bare footed so now that it is finally warm enough... The stump that I am on is actually cement. I love it. I want a really natural looking yard someday and the botanic gardens gave me some great ideas.We are also trying a little bit of gardening again this summer. We have yet to succeed at much but here it goes. We have four beds going. The flower bed in the front of the house, it actually is starting to grow some things and we are hoping it will look nice by May when all our guests arrive. The small flowerbed in back, pictured with Nadia, is in the shade and we are not sure how it will do. For some reason Nadia has decided that one is daddy's garden. My big garden. I am trying square foot gardening this year. We will see how it goes. I will keep you posted on that. Then there is one last little bed that was made with the left overs. Nadia has decided the little one is Maile's garden. I am not sure which one is Nadia's. I am sure she will decide that as well.
We went to the botanic gardens on Friday. We enjoyed just being out in the gardens and connecting a little with nature. I miss nature!!! I crave more of it in my life! Nadia is getting to be a bit of a ham for the camera. Everywhere we stopped she would say "take a picture" and of course she wanted to be in the picture. Maile just enjoys being outside so she was happy as can be the whole time we were out.
I feel like such a bad mom! Here are some snaps of Maile's birthday and a couple of her presents. She got spoiled with lots of clothes, some cash, and I made her the bank at a Relief Society craft night. Maile's cousin Jaci picked out the outfit that is shown. So fitting for Maile!







3 comments:
you should have put the outfit on maile for the picture taking...it sure looks like she didnt want to be bugged at that moment...
I am going to start my square foot gardening soon - hopefully next week - I'd like to get it in before fair and before the weather gets too hot...
now that you have practice you should come help with mine :)
You've had a busy "break"! Reading your commentary is like breathing fresh air. The girls are so cute!! I was waiting to see a picture of your new haircut :-) Give everyone hugs for us.
XOXOXO
Hey Megan,
We just received your parcel a couple days ago. Thank You so much we will definitely will be handing them out. I feel we have a road ahead but feel blessed that we have so much information at our fingertips. Thanks to people like you! :) You girls are little dolls, I hope Nadia napping stage goes by fast for ya!
Post a Comment