DIStickers.com Ticker

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow day, surgery, and sweetie pies!

Maile has always had a lazy eye. When she was two years old and we were living in Vegas she had surgery on one eye in hopes of correcting the problem. It was greatly improved but not perfect. We put off having a second surgery long enough. Yesterday Dr. Packwood worked his magic and did surgery on both eyes. It will take about three months before we will know for sure if it is all perfect. This is a picture of her post surgery pre-bath. Poor baby! She seems to be fine today. Her eyes are not bothering her. She has these braces on her arms to keep her from rubbing her eyes and those are making her mad!

This is a Texas Snow Day. School was canceled for this! The picture does not show the sheen of ice that was on everything. I have to say the timing couldn't have been better. With Maile having surgery yesterday it was nice to have an extra day off.

This was New Years Eve. Poor Moo (how did we get from Princess Maile to Moo?) had a yukee cold and was just laying on her bed. Nadia was so sweet! She went and got one of Maile's favorite toys, a pillow, and some stuffed animals and got in bed with Maile and then covered her with a blanket. It was soooo sweet!.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

At first glance of Maile, I thought, "Gees Megan, weren't you watching your child?" So I'm glad that it was just surgery and not parental negligence or abuse. I hope everything turns out just the way it should after Maile heals up. I guess it looks worse than it is, right?

Maggie said...

The fun never stops down there, does it? You are great parents, and the girls are angels. Snow angels, I guess :-)
XOXOXO

The Logue Family said...

~tears~
Oh my word...now I'm all teary after that picture of Maile...makes me want to fly down there and hold her for hours...think she'll let me?
Give those girls lots of hugs from the Logues...
We miss you guys!

The Houston Family said...

She probably wouldn't let you hold her for too long. She's got things to do. I am sure she would let you take her on a fun outing or something though. She is tired of being at home right now! I'll pass along the hugs.

Hope said...

poor moo. her little eyes look terrible. the snow is ridiculous. i tried to find a way to get notifications about updates, but couldn't. let me know if you figure it out.

Malie said...

That's funny about the snow day. We were bracing for high winds here the other week, they canceled school and everything, and we got basically a strong breeze. Poor Maile. Hopefully her eyes will heal quickly.

Test said...

Poor Maile, I hope she heals up quickly. It looks painful! Kids seem to sail through these things sometimes but she has had more than her fair share.

mykinda said...

Yeowza... Maile looks like she is in major pain. I hope she is feeling better real soon. You should look at Queens blog as Tater had the same thing. She has a few before and after pictures on there! Give both of those sweeties a little hug for me.
--Shirley

Alice Johnson said...

YIKES!!!!!Poor Maile!! my gosh, I'm speechless!
Nadia is so cute. That is very sweet that she takes such good care of Maile. I love that.

Unknown said...

My eyes hurt now.