Friday, October 31, 2008
Trick or treat
My poor girls are so deprived of childhood experiences. For example, the other day Nadia had on a pair of Santa pj's and she pointed at Santa and said "Noah". I couldn't figure out what she was talking about so she went and got her Noah's Ark book and pointed to the white bearded Noah picture. At that point I decided I want my children to experience some of these things even if we are filling their head full of little deceptions. So, tonight I took Nadia trick or treating. No pictures but she looked exactly as she looked for her pre-school party. Frequently a gentleman that lives around the corner will be walking his dogs and he stops and talks and Nadia plays with his dogs. For 2 weeks he has been telling us to stop by tonight because he goes all out. So, we made the trek around the block and stopped at his house and got a king size candy bar (just what every child needs!). He was thrilled to see Nadia. Anyway we had fun and I am proud to say that at every house we stopped at Nadia said thank you without me having to ask her to. She would not say trick or treat. As we left most houses Nadia would say "Wow! THat was fun!" Maile got to stay home and bond with her dad and hand out candy. They too had fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
AHHHH we miss those girls...and you and Keith too...I can hear Nadia say "Wow that was fun"
~happy tear~
Jaci and I want to go there now...as we do most days...we had so much fun hanging out in Texas!
I wish we were able to go to their programs and watch them grow! You guys are great parents! I miss you all!!!!!
XOXOXO
Come down anytime! The nice thing about a blog is at least it is easy to share our life with everyone. I sure hope keith finishes school soon, gets a job, I can quit and get a work at home job with an airline and we can fly "home" whenever we want!
so cute! and Halloween just isn't what it was when i was a kid either. your girls will have good memories, even if they're not like ours!
Post a Comment