DIStickers.com Ticker

Saturday, November 6, 2010

All things Disney!


Sooo.. I REALLY want to go to Disney World.  I even have the $$ sitting in a bank account to go.  Here is the problem.  I won't spend the $$ until we are all living under one roof again.  (Keith is working in Amarillo and has an apartment there so my Disney $$ is also our back up plan just in case this stretches on forever!) Recently I have started getting serious about couponing to save $$ and happened on a site,
www.couponingtodisney.com (I think the web site is linked.) Sooo now I am getting really serious about this.  If this woman can do it, so can I. 
 The last time we went to Disneyland was February 2, 2006.  Nadia was 4 months old and doesn't remember it.  Maile was just under 4...
...and loved it.  Maile doesn't get all excited about much, but you should have seen her on the rides.  She loved them!

So the date is set. December 2011 we are going to Disney World.  I want to save $5000 between now and then.  I refuse to put a vacation on a credit card!  I have been scheming ways to save the $$$ for the trip.  Step one, I am opening a bank of america account and getting rid of my old checking account because bank of america will round up every purchase to the next dollar and throw it in my savings, plus they will match it up to $250 a year.  That is $250 of free $$ for our trip.  Next I am going to start subbing.  The thought makes me sick!  The reality is I REALLY want to go to Disney World so I will do it 1-2 times a week.  There are many other things I am doing.  I have a change bucket that I am throwing all change in etc.  I am making Nadia one as well.  She has to finish off the peanut butter and then I am going to put disney pictures on the jar and a hole in the top for her to start collecting.  She already has a little stash of money from birthdays etc. I want her to save her own spending $$$ for the trip.  On the side I am going to have a running tally of how much we have saved.  If you want to join us, start saving!  We plan on going after Thanksgiving and before the mad rush of Christmas.  This is typically one of their slowest times, or at the latest the second week in January.  We will decide for sure by January or February when I plan to make reservations.  Yipppeeee!  I am so excited!

3 comments:

M2 (Melissa) said...

We are going to Disneyland this spring and we have not saved enough - I did not realize how expensive it would be. We are supposed to go with my whole family - well at least everyone that can come. I wish we were going to DisneyWorld. I think we will be doing that in a few years when Maxwell is a little old. I love your ideas - we have been doing the change in the jar thing - I am amazed how fast that adds up!

Maggie said...

You are so organized! We'll see what the next year brings, but it would be so fun to go just to watch the girls' excitement.

Julie said...

Good luck with your Disney quest! When you finally get there you will know how hard your worked to make it happen and it will be all the more fun and rewarding!