DIStickers.com Ticker

Friday, July 3, 2009

Tea Party

Did you watch Oprah today? I used to be a big fan and watched her all the time. Then I had 2 kids and got a job and generally watch only things with lots of annimation and songs that I can't get out of my head for days no matter how I try! Today Oprah had a show dedicated to mothers and the crazy lives we live. She had moms on confessing things they do as parents that they are a little shocked about. My favorites were the woman that used a diaper on a road trip so she would not have to stop and wake up her sleeping children and the woman who has packed her kids lunch with snacks in her car. So here is my confession. Last night I went to the library with 2 kids in tow. Keith met us there and took Nadia home via the pizza place. The table was actually clean so I put the pizza on the table and we all sat down to eat. Nadia said "This is fun! We're having a tea party!" Funny and sad at the same time. I always imagined that we would sit as a family and eat dinner but our whole married life, Keith has either worked swing shift or been in school in the evenings so it has never happened. It is one of many things that I hope to improve when this test is finally over! So maybe in August we will start having more tea parties.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

The times, they are a-changing! Here's to many, many more tea parties!
XOXOXO

The Logue Family said...

Oh Nadia! How I miss her...and the rest of you too...
Wishing many more tea-parties come your way :D

Malie said...

Don't feel bad Megan. I'm sure you will have MANY tea parties soon.