Maile, our oldest child, was diagnosed with DiGeorge syndrome shortly after she was born. The syndrome manifests itself in many ways, including heart defects, eating problems, and low muscle tone. Shortly after she turned 6 she was also diagnosed with “severe autism”. For anyone who knew Maile this was not a shock. Getting the diagnosis was much harder than it should have been. With all of the media attention surrounding autism, I won’t say more about that now. I do want to leave a web site for the Velo-Cardio-Facial-Syndrome Education Foundation (VCFSEF). VCFS is the current PC term for DiGeorge syndrome. To learn more about VCFS visit www.vcfsef.org
The Family
We have a hard time getting a good family picture. Here is a prime example of what I am talking about!
Keith and I were married on 11/11/99. We have 2 children, Maile is 7 and Nadia is almost 4. Keith just finished law school and is studying for the bar. I teach self-contained special ed. Maile attends school and loves to get out of the house. Nadia goes o pre-school and has more energy than should be legal!
6 comments:
Congratulations Keith and MEGAN! I am so glad he is done!! Yeah! Are you guys trying to move again or stay there for awhile?
And it was a great celebration!!!!
He has to take the bar to get a job and I guess we will land whereever we are meant to land.
Congrats and good luck on the bar!
Congratulations Megan and Keith!!! I'm sure you are both glad that that's done with. Hmmmm. Maybe I should send Randy to grad school.
SERIOUSLY - UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!
Post a Comment