Summer Vacation!!
Our neighborhood had a 4th of July block party. We live in a new development so this was the first gathering of the kind. There was a pretty good turn out with lots of people and tons of food. The girls loved the bounce house.
Maile enjoys jumping if there is no one else in the bounce house. If there are other people in the bounce house she likes to lay down and be bounced. She thinks that is the next best thing to sliced bread!

After the festivities we headed home. As you can see, Nadia has lost her pony tails and both girls are tired out and ready for bed.
The very next morning I headed off to Utah to have a girls week with my sisters and mom. We had a wonderful time. The first part of the week was very busy and we did lots of fun things. Of course my camera was in my suitcase so you will just have to trust me on this. Midway through the week I got sick. YUK! If I had to be sick, it was nice to lay on my sister's couch in an empty house where I had complete control of her remote control with all 5 million channels on her TV. I got to see things I didn't even know existed. Sunday night my brother in-law cooked a yummee dinner and we all just hung out. It was fun to see all my nephews again. Zachary was a trooper. Before I got sick he would go on walks with me every morning so I wouldn't get lost. If you know my sense of direction, it really could have happened.
I was home for a week and then we all headed off to Sea World San Antonio. We had a fun time in San Antonio in spite of the heat. We have decided the next time we head there it will be in cooler weather. Nadia loved all of the animals. She loved looking in the Dolphin tank. Every time a dolphin came near us, she would pull our hands out of the water. I guess she did not want the dolphins to get our fingers. Maile enjoyed being out in the crowd. She likes the fish tanks the most. She could watch those for house, plus it was cool in there. At the end of the day everyone was hot and was very done. I included one of those pictures just for the fun of it. That evening we had dinner with Cathy, one of Maile's therapists from Vegas that has moved to San Antonio. Of course my camera was in the car so no picture. (I need to take lessons from Tracy. She always has her camera!) The next morning we stopped at the Alamo on the way out of town. All in all we had a nice trip. The girls did great in the car. The only trial was sleeping in the hotel. Both of our girls sleep in their own beds and are pretty good sleepers. The hotel was all very new and exciting for Nadia. She was climbing on everything and refunsed to go to bed. For Maile the hotel was a strange place she did not want to be. She would get in her stroller and just sit and wait to go. Very sad. Neither of the girls wanted to go to bed and were causing quite a stir. So we finally turned on the TV until well after midnight, and just let them fall asleep. On the upside of that, both the girls loved the pool. Again, no camera, but you should have seen Nadia happy as a clam in the pool!










4 comments:
what fun!!!
always take the camera, silly!! or at least the camera phone!!
great pix and stories! Sorry you got sick though ... you need to carry your camera with you - I now keep mine in my purse at all times...haha...I'm so excited to be there in a week - YIPPEE!!!
Sounds like a great summer, except for the sick part. And sorry, you have to hear about the camera again! It is always to remain on your person at all times! And hush up, Julie, I'm jealous.
XOXOXOXO
i'm so jealous i love sea world! i'm happy to say that none of us utahns got your bug! have fun with julie and jacie next week, keep us posted
Post a Comment